Monday, December 6, 2010

Memories...


Here I am in my late thirties performing a kata to earn a black belt.  I was pretty flexible and strong at that time.  The woman in the background is Karen Braun.  She was someone I practiced with.  I moved away from Kenosha in 1999 not so long after this picture was taken. Karen continues on in that program and has a 4th degree black belt now.

Of course performing Katas was just one part of what we did to earn our belts.  We also had some sparring.  Three on one.  I am facing all the black belts in this picture.  They are in one big horizontal line.

I enjoyed being part of the program at Parkside University in Kenosha Wisconsin.  Although I'm not in shape and wouldn't be able to remember most of the katas, there were other lessons learned that will never leave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment