Thursday, September 17, 2009

RAG DOLLS 2 LOVE


A few years ago, I read an article in TidingsThe Newspaper of the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis, about people sewing dolls for war torn children. I like to sew for relaxation so I looked up the website published in the newspaper and discovered I could get the pattern for the dolls right off the internet. Mary Page Jones began Rag Dolls 2 Love, Inc. a few years ago after a trip to the Middle East. Her heart went out to the children who were suffering from the effects of war. They needed more than food and clothes. They needed comfort. Many had lost family members and seen horrific things. Visit her website www.ragdolls2love.org to hear her story and to get the pattern. The dolls in the picture are my latest batch ready to be shipped off.

No comments:

Post a Comment