Sunday, January 16, 2011

Annabelle

My daughter, Janine, is holding her sweet Annabelle. This little ball of fluff with floppy puppy ears, comes with a sweet personality and a wolfie smell.  At least I imagine that's what wolves smell like, I've never actually sniffed one.  It's a wild sort of scent and it doesn't mix very well with a queasy stomach.  Believe me I know! I've had the flu.  One whiff of wolfie and I lose my cookies.

Annabelle knows how to sit and lay on command now.  She's learning how to walk on a leash, how to potty outside, and to understand what the command come means.  She's a joy, but a lot of work for Janine.  Luckily, Janine doesn't mind the work.  Having Annabelle is a dream come true for her.  She's wanted a dog since she was a toddler.  Back then she pulled a rock around pretending it was a puppy.  It actually looked sort  of pathetic.  Like we were torturing the poor child by tying a rope to a rock and saying There. Be happy. That's as close as you're going to get to a doggie. 

3 comments:

  1. Great post!!! So, so cute. So glad they are hapoy together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful little story about the pathetic rock. Love it! Cute puppy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete