Monday, January 24, 2011

My Mission Underground

See that little hole?  I squeezed through that opening this evening with only a teeny tiny flashlight to guide me. My mission: to search for the pump under our house, unplug it then reset the circuit breaker, then plug it in again. The photo makes it look all bright and cheery, but believe me it wasn't. It was dark and damp and..and there was a cobweb. The flash from my camera makes it look like a happy place.  So deceiving. Anyway,  I felt like a sleuth sneaking around in dark clothing carrying a flashlight the size of my index finger (the one I got from the pres. of altrusa this last x-mas--thanks Cristie!) and then crawling under the house to complete my mission.

                                                                                                                   Am I brave or what?

2 comments:

  1. Lola, I would only do it if I HAD to. I think you had to, too. Now, I think you should have Janine crawl under to show how non-dramatic it is. Would give me the creeps. I have always hated spiders (love snakes), but some days when I work with the tigers and it ends up being yard-work day, we scour the back 3-4 acres and pick up large palm leaves, wood, etc. I run into so many spider webs. I have to mentally think of something else. Once I got covered head to toe in millions (exaggeration!) of large creepy red/black ants. I was screaming and yelling that I was taking my clothes off-totally out of control! Janice (one of owners - Dave stayed away!) runs over and tells me to stop taking my clothes off as she calmly swats all of them off and picked them out of my hair. Now I'm careful what kind of wood I pick up. I'd rather have Saber play rough with me and get a few punctures and scrapes any day!......don't these blogs sites have spell check???? Barb (Hecker) Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I comment on your comment, I wonder if you will be notified? I noticed that you are a 'follower' so may be you will be. Barb, it's too warm where you live. All the hairy critters like it in Florida and it would be ten times worse being in the woods or under the house in the dark where you are. I'd probably have to be under hypnosis to do what you do! Did those ants bite you? The crawling sensation alone would do me in. Yuck! Janine and I have both been under the house before. She has more control over her imagination than I do, I think.

    You like snakes? I think I'd be pals with an alligator before I'd make friends with a snake. Something about them I can't stand--they aren't even slimey! I don't like how a snake can be right next to me-- be so still it looks like part of the branch or rock it's on and how I suddenly 'see' it and get the crap scared out of me.
    Fangs are icky too.

    ReplyDelete