Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Moon



It was a big moon last night just like they promised on the news.  This picture is poor quality, but you can still get a feel for what it was like looking up into the night sky from my back yard.  I decided to get a little of our scraggly pine tree in the picture to help with proportion. 

 The pine wasn't always scraggly, it was once very beautiful.  Bag worms attacked all the trees around us one year and it never really fully recovered from that.  Bag worms are icky and interesting at the same time.  I didn't know about them until the year our tree was infested.  All I can say is when I looked real close at this coccoon hanging from our pine and saw that it was pulsating, I was really grossed out.

Anyway, what a beautiful moon last night!  I didn't think about anything gross when I looked up at the sky, I thought about how lucky I was to be alive.  Moons can be inspiring that way, especially big full ones like last night.



No comments:

Post a Comment