Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Biggles


I love cats, always have. The sweet kitty in the photograph is our housecat, Biggles (he's on My Space if you're curious). My husband is more of a cat hater and dog lover. He has a theory that all felines no matter their size, are waiting for their chance to eat their owners. When they sniff you, he jokes they are checking whether or not you're still alive. Not so long ago I had a chance to test his theory. I was standing at the end of the hallway facing Mr. Biggs who was casually standing in my daughter's bedroom doorway staring at me. We stared at each other for a few seconds, then he did something that surprised me. He licked his mouth like he was thinking yum. Without thinking I licked my lips right back at him to see what he would do. He reacted big time!  Apparently he thought I might be interested in eating him (and I'm bigger)! No kidding he spazzed out! His hair stood on end and he did his, panicky sideways run that he always does when he's scared to death. That made me wonder... what was he thinking when he licked his chops? Maybe Bruce is right. Maybe we do look like a meal...

No comments:

Post a Comment