Monday, February 22, 2010

Quote from my manuscript that made me laugh

"That’s when the door of the school opened. We turned automatically to see who it was. Sure enough, it was wicked Mrs. Smith heading to the parking lot. She wore a bright red coat with a hat to match. Her usual stride was reduced to baby steps because snow, ice, and high heels apparently don’t mix well. However, being the fierce dragon lady she was, I was sure she could look my way, shoot fire from her mouth and burn the very hair off my head."


This is a quote from my manuscript Murder on Sprinkle Lake Mrs. Smith is a very mean teacher. She'd just chewed out my main character. After, he joined his friend outside the school and was in the middle of telling him all about it when the door of the school opened...

No comments:

Post a Comment