Saturday, June 26, 2010

Holiday World

 The picture on the left is of my daughter, Suzanne, and her boyfriend, Adam. We met up with Adam's family at Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana on hot and humid Saturday.  I don't know what the temperature ended up being, but geez it was uncomfortable.  Everybody and their mother decided that this particular theme park was the place to be on this particular weekend.  I have never experienced the Splashing Safari that crowded before. We normally have a real good time at Holiday World. I enjoy people watching, it's fun and it helps with writing stories.  I also like the thrill of a roller coaster and cooling off in the water on a hot day.  It's tough to do any of those things, however, when a person can hardly move because too many of their fellow human beings are wandering aimlessly around them, crowding and dripping sweat.  It's a good thing that visiting with Suzanne and clan was a pleasure because we had a long wait to get on a ride, get a drink at the oasis, go to the bathroom, and pay for a locker.  I was there six hours and went on two rides! But, I'm glad I went.  I got to visit with both my daughters (my daughter Janine came along too) and meet the people in Suzanne's life that are important to her.                                                                           




The crowd thinned out a bit and I took advantage of the space to take a picture. It looks like a typical day at the park, doesn't it?   

No comments:

Post a Comment