Friday, June 10, 2011

Fun pictures!

This is a photo of a picture my brother took. This picture is hanging in his photography studio (in Hawley, Minnesota) and is, of course, not in any way blurred.  The boy with the horse is my nephew, Michael. 

 My brother told a funny joke just before he snapped the picture.  It must have been a horse joke since there seems to have been lots of horsey laughter.  ha, ha, ha! 

I don't think I've ever seen such straight, large teeth -- I'm not referring to Michael's.  Actually this particular horse does his smile on command.  I want to meet him.  Next time I'm in Minnesota for a visit, I'm going to see those pearly whites for myself.

 Horses always seem on the verge of laughing, don't they?  A whinny is almost a laugh. 







Here's another one of my brother's pictures.  He does a lot of weddings.
I love this picture of a bride and groom.  It looks like a photograph taken in 1955, doesn't it?  My brother wasn't even born then.  I assure you the people in this picture haven't been married very long.

 There's something about a black and white photo that speaks to me.  Photos without color make me think there must have been a happier simpler time.  I guess when I look at this particular picture, I think of the hope of a happy new beginning.  The couple seems friendly and down to earth because of the clean cut  look they have.  The "Leave it to Beaver" family could have attended this wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment