Monday, November 22, 2010

Matthew and Friends in Alaska





This picture was taken in Alaska last summer: Adam, Kyle, Joe, and my son Matthew went on that trip.  They have since been inspired to pursue the art of mountain climbing. 


Matthew sure looks comfy in this sleeping bag.  Believe it or not, that bag can tolerate weather up to -30 degrees. The picture makes me smile because I think of all the family camping trips we went on; Matthew was the one that always ended up on a root, or in a puddle, or in some way made horribly uncomfortable during the night. In spite of that he loves to camp, however, I think he's decided to sleep on hiking/fishing trips from now on.  I bet he did sleep well in Alaska. I'm looking forward to hearing all the stories when he comes home for Christmas.  I'm sure there was a bit of discomfort out in the back country, but hopefully he was warm and dry. 




No comments:

Post a Comment