Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mom

Anyone who knows my mother knows she's oozing with creativity and is very good at the artsy things she takes on.  She's so generous with her gift-- most of the things she makes she gives away.  My dad too.  Her work, like my dad's, requires a lot of patience.  She's actually painted scenes inside of Emu eggs.  I don't have any pictures of that, but I do have a picture of the puppets she made me for a halloween story I wrote involving bullies.











The troll and bowls were made by my father and my mother made the Red Hat Lady sitting on my Serger.  She, herself, is a member of the Red Hat Society.  They have the best time getting together for dinner, riding in parades, and dressing in purple and red.  The poem below is what the Red Hat Society is based on. 















                                                                                                                  

1 comment:

  1. I have always been impressed with your mom's talent.. didn't know your dad was such a carver tho...
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete