Monday, July 4, 2011

The Fourth of July



I  enjoy the fireworks our neighbors shoot off on the 4th of July!  The picture above was taken from our deck off the second floor.  It's  difficult capturing fireworks with my digital camera  because of the 2 second delay that happens after I push the button.  A few of my pictures were completely black.  Trust me it was a good show!   I  wonder how much people spend on fireworks... 

 

                                                                                               
Another Fourth of July


As we celebrate the birth of our nation

Let us not forget the many brave men and women

Who fought and died to preserve that dream of our forefathers

... A dream of liberty for all

And those who are fighting yet. Never forget their efforts...

No matter how big or small

To them we owe a debt that we can never repay

Thank them

For all the freedoms that we are blessed with today

Tonight... as you see the fireworks

That honor America

... Remember them

For without those that serve...

This dream of liberty

Would be but a whim...

By Faye Sizemore


No comments:

Post a Comment