Saturday, July 30, 2011

Watching TV, I Mean Really Watching

My husband, Bruce, and I had a full day today 'yawn' we helped our daughter, Suzanne, move into her new apartment.  It was pleasant visiting with her and her current roommate, but we forced ourselves to get back into the car and travel home again.  I was very happy to sit in front of the tube and absorb the entertainment.  It actually became very entertaining because we were watching a detective series that had a scene with a dead guy on an examining table. Wow, right?  It was supposed to be a touching moment -- two women took  turns singing by the corpse and guess what happened?  The dead guy swallowed.  This wasn't part of the movie.  I couldn't believe it because I actually look for stuff like that for fun and never find anything. And this time it actually happened.  Bruce spotted it first (didn't spoil my merriment at all) then when we did a rewind,  we saw the dead guy's pulse really moving and his mouth moved.  I think he was trying not to laugh.  Then the whole scene changed for me--my perception was altered you might say. When we did another rewind, you could see that the women in the room who were supposed to be in a somber mood, were possibly holding laughter back.  Made my whole night.

No comments:

Post a Comment